Monday, November 23, 2015

Getting Ready

Well it's Thanksgiving week. Since we have hosted for the past 30ish years I'm not in a panic, the house is getting its final cleaning and the turkey is thawing in the fridge.  I'm using the same plates and tableware as I always do, I'm not one to fuss over tablescapes.  The ornaments at our table are the faces of our loved ones.  I swear, the older I get, the less all the fuss means and the more it's all about my family. There will be some loved ones missing this year, eldest daughter and her sweet husband can't make it, but hope to come for Christmas. There are a few more who can't make it for various reasons, they will be missed but hopefully we will see them around the table soon.
I am so thankful for all we have.  Our home, our family and the love around the table.  I hope you are able to spend some special time with loved ones this week too :)

 I will admit, my head is all wrapped up in Christmas already.  I am slowly getting some decorations up, and this year I have been asked to participate in a Holiday Home walk with some other beautiful bloggers. 

I'm so excited, it's my first time doing this so I hope you'll come in and say hello when it happens.  I probably won't post again until after Thanksgiving, so I'll just say right now that I hope that this is a time to count your blessings and hug your loved ones. Enjoy the feast, enjoy the day and enjoy the festive season that begins right now!

13 comments:

  1. Kathy
    I'm looking forward to seeing your home all decked out for Christmas!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving too.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...I love that line ~ the ornaments at our table are the faces of our loved ones. As it should be. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are enjoying the week and not getting all uptight. Hope y'all have a wonderful holiday together. :)

    I'll post your button for your linky party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know...it looks very pretty to me. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a fun time with the Christmas Home Tour. For sure, I'll be here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kathy, I loved this post. It just fit in with my thoughts exactly. Warmed my heart!

    Hugs,

    Dori

    P.S. Excited you'll be a part of the Holiday Housewalk and I will certainly visit! :-) Too bad it's not in person! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will have a few faces missing around our table this year, too. It is always bittersweet, isn't it?
    I am excited to see what you do for the Holiday tour. it should be a lot of fun. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, have a wonderful new week with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. CAn't wait to see your home decorated for Christmas! One of my favorite things to do during the holidays is going on a home tour. Maybe I'm just nosy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lacey tablecloth, pretty white plates and vintage silver...how beautiful! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend. I know you will enjoy having your family together. We are going to take my dear mother to our son's home about forty minutes away. Our daughter and her family will be there, too, so we'll all be together for the first time in a few years. Looking forward to seeing your home on the tour.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just catching up on a a few blogs. Hope your Thanksgiving was especially lovely! Looking forward to your Christmas tour. We just brought home our tree from the farm and the house smells so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful (Wedgewood?) plates and all your photos are lovely! Yes - it's coming on fast now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)