Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A Little bit of This, A Little bit of that...

Now lets see... what fascinating events have happened since last we sat down together with a cup of coffee?  Well, the lily of the valley bloomed,
 and so did my beautiful snowball bush.  I know those may not seem like big events, and in the scheme of things they are not, but I pretty much live for the garden May through whenever old man winter comes to call.  Sunshine, birds singing, mowing the grass as the purple martins swoop around me to eat the bugs I kick up.  It's all so good, so yes, these flowers are a big deal to me.
 We have also begun putting in a brick patio out by the garden. We have been dreaming of this for years and being the insane DIY people we are, when I say "we " are bricking a large portion of yard, I mean "we".  It all seems like such a good idea until the guy with the backhoe comes and strips all that sod and you realize what a huge project you have taken on and that it means sweet and long suffering hubby coming home after 12 hour work days and grubbing around out there instead of relaxing.  Yes, you would think we would learn, but no we haven't. 37 years later we are still biting off more than we can chew and learning as we go.  Pray for us.
 I had to show you this amazing berry tart Earl made for our Mother's day lunch.  Graham cracker crust, a few cups of frozen triple berry blend from Costco, heated and thickened with cornstarch and then more fresh berries stirred in and dumped in the crust.  That is all the recipe I have for you, one of these days I will make him write down his concoctions to make it easier. I am sure he added a bit of sugar to taste but it wasn't super sweet, just a wonderful berry flavor. He is my hero in so many ways.
Last Saturday was my birthday, and I spent it with these two loveys. Youngest daughter came for breakfast and the farmers market, where we loaded up on flowers, followed by some garage sales, (Oh how I wish eldest daughter could have made it too!)  After she headed home Earl took me out to dinner and a comedy show.  So much fun! We ended the evening with a ridiculously rich cake and ice cream combo at a favorite restaurant and then fell into bed exhausted.  Some days are just so darn good and perfect you can't believe it. This was one of them.

And one more thing that's perfect. I'll give you a hint....
I'm going to be a grandma!  Youngest daughter is expecting a little bundle in November and we are so happy!  No idea yet whether it's a boy or a girl, but we aren't too picky.  It's been a good month, and things are just going to get better.💜💜💜








16 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you had a fabulous Mother's Day and congratulations on becoming a grandmother. I always love it when no one knows if it is a boy or girl. When it this life will anyone ever have a greater surprise.

    Enjoy these beautiful days - and I love your blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy post! Congrats on your grandbaby in November.

    Enjoy your week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be a grandma! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a big thing in your life, it is such fun and so rewarding being a Grandma. I should know, I have five!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a future grand child!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh warm comgratulations! Babies are wonderful, grandchildren are such blessings, and it is wonderful that the family goes on! I really liked this post a lot. Yes, you brick-laying DIYers...I am praying for you. I can not imagine the task.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, congratulations! You are going to have so much fun. Are you already sewing and crafting for the baby?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so, so very happy for all of you! I sent an email. What a wonderful time you have awaiting!!!

    I totally get the project you are embarking on. My hubby has learned from the past and he makes no bones about hiring help now! ;-D Best of luck...can't wait to see it.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lily of the valley. I know you are really going to enjoy that patio when it is finished. And CONGRATS!!! on the baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kathy! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you all! Babies are the best!

    Your flowers are so pretty and I know that the patio your making will be well worth it, once its done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much to love here and in no particular order -- congratulations! Congratulations on your birthday, your impending Baby Grand (you'll love it!). Congratulations on having an Earl who can make that! And congratulations on your lovely flowers and spring and patio. (My lilies of the valley are here, too -- and oh, I love them!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such exciting news! Congratulations Kathy. You must be over the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos...and congratulations! The berry tart looks scrumptious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Grandma-to-be! You are going to absolutely love having a grandchild - there's nothing like it.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Kathy. You will adore being a Grandma.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)