Saturday, June 16, 2007






I thought I would put something a little prettier than the front end of the mower up to see. This is the hibiscus on the back porch. It was given to me by a dear friend who is soon going to move to Florida. Isn't it the most lovely color? I will always remember her when I see it.


This is the beautiful Ivy geranium I purchased for $10 at the farmers market today. This also hangs on the back porch pergola and I can see it from the living room window. I love the stripes of white and pink, as you can see, they mixed it in with a bright pinky red solid geranium. It is a really pretty combination.

And am I taking tea out in the garden? Not today, but I am showing you some of my collection of pretty teacups and a lovely old quilt top my mom found at an auction. It has some tears and minor problems, but I think I can mend them with my stash of feed sack materials and put a nice back on it. It would look really nice on my youngest daughters bed. Her room is done in light blue and white and this is pretty pastels and has a lot of blue in it. Not so precious that she can't use it. I am thrilled to have it though because I would never have the patience to actually piece one of these myself, but backing it and mending a few spots is doable.




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of your garden - I am absolutely coveting your tea cup collection - each one is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Kathy I am on my way over to enjoy tea in your garden with you!
    Looks wonderful!

    I love all those pretty tea cups!

    Enjoy your day,
    Blessings, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely right, Kathy. Dolly is one of the sweetest ladies I have met on the internet! She is always cheerful and you just can't be in a bad mood when she is around. If I start out having a bad day, I just go to her bolg and I feel better right away. It's nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by. I'll be back to visit you, too. Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, you left a comment on my blog and I don't know anywhere else but here to answer. Have'nt learned how to respond to comments yet!! The template I used is minima by Doug Bowman and my daughter made my header and my friend Connie tweaked it for me. We just took pics at home and used those. I don't know what they did. I'm computer challenged. You are off to a great start. I'm coming to the tea party. !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)