Thursday, June 14, 2007

Meditation

Of all the mundane things to blog about you may wonder why I would write about mowing. Well, I happen to love it! There is nothing better than getting out in the fresh air and sunshine, by myself, seeing the dragonflies and butterflies, and birds and smelling the fresh cut lawn. I have mint overflowing some of my flower beds and when I mow up next to them it smells heavenly. Sometimes the iridescent purple martins swoop around me and eat the bugs I kick up. That is the best. I can sometimes feel the wind from their wings, they get so close. Nothing like it. When I am in a really bad mood I mow. I talk to God (sometimes it's more of a rant) and I let the soothing tones of the mower and the scent of the grass and the fact that I can only smile and wave at everyone soothe my soul. I hum or I sing and nobody can hear me except me. The neighbors probably think I'm nuts but I'm not that close to the neighbors anyway. Let them think what they will. By the time I have the whole 2 1/2 acres mowed, I'm better. What do you do that makes you happy?

2 comments:

  1. Now I feel better...I know I am not the only one who sings aloud while on the tractor!

    I do my best thinking and praying while on the tractor cutting grass!

    I am so glad I am not the only 0ne who thinks cutting grass is relaxing and fun!
    I will think of you the next time I am singing my heart out and wonder if you are too! giggle!

    Hugz and Blessings, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I couldn't believe it when I read this post. This is me!!!! I'm not the only one in the world that thinks of mowing as a "time out" from the world!
    Ele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)