Monday, November 26, 2018

Mac N Cheese

I had a lovely Thanksgiving did you?  Very low key, all the usual food, my only sorrow being that for the first time since she got married my Pennsylvania daughter wasn't here because now she is my Oklahoma daughter and golly, why is she even further away?  It was a full weekend, and now I'm just trying to catch up on the laundry, housework and all the things that need to be done this week.

We also woke up to the beginning of a snowstorm.  It has been snowing nonstop since at least 5 a.m. and is supposed to keep going right through the early afternoon.  It hasn't reached the epic (Grab the milk! Grab the Bread! Grab the water!) proportions that the overexcited weather person was predicting but they always seem to predict snowmageddon and then we get a sprinkling that doesn't even slow us Michiganders down. We laugh in the face of snow. Ha!  And then most of us flee to Florida for the winter.

Not me. I'm no lily livered snowbird. I may hate the cold and the dark, but I will prevail.  I may kiss the budding earth in the Spring, but I have earned my joy by braving old man winter at his meanest.

So I was looking out at the swirling white this morning and was suddenly overcome with the urge to have some Mac and Cheese for lunch.  I almost never make it because, hello, it's super fattening. But as I said, I was overcome.  So I went on Pinterest to find a recipe and came across Fannie Farmers Classic baked Mac and Cheese.   I checked the pantry and found I had all the ingredients and I got to work.  Can someone tell me why a mac and cheese recipe would only use half a box of pasta?  I hate half a box of anything. It just seems to sit on the shelf making you wonder if it has gone stale. Nevertheless, I used the 8 ozs. as directed and it certainly made more than enough for the two of us.
I'm eating some right now, watching the snow swirl and putting off the housework that is calling my name.  It is decadent but I've been pretty good most of my life so I may be able to eat more mac and cheese right up until I slide into home plate in heaven in 30 or 40 years.  And if I don't last that long, at least I ate more mac and cheese, right?  ;) 

I hope you all had a great holiday, we are officially into the Christmas season now and no, I am not going to say how many days. That just tenses me up does it do that to you?  

15 comments:

  1. Yum!!! Thank you for the recipe. I have saved it in my Pinterest account :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love macaroni cheese, and it's always homemade here. It's comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, Thank you so much for the recipe. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so delicious! Had some homemade at Thanksgiving dinner and got to bring some home too. :-)

    Happy Christmas Holidays ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so good. I love how you describe the snow fall, makes it sound like a wonderful thing.

    Nonie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Mac and Cheese. I use the recipe that use to be on the Mueller's Elbows box. I know it by heart now because I am bad and usually have Mac and Cheese once a month lol. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it does make me tense up. So do those weather people who predict blizzards and Ice and freezing rain. They’ve been at it for weeks now. I make a simple, in the pan mac and cheese. I have never made an old-fashioned honest to goodness one. Will you make it again?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I had a big serving of your Mac and Cheese right about now! We also had our very first Thanksgiving without one of girls being able to join us. She was able to visit the weekend before but nonetheless I missed her so. Wish they could stay little forever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mac and Cheese is my weakness. This looks amazing. I'm off to grab the recipe and pin it. Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy, don't know why it took me so long to realize I'd missed this post. Must have been the crazies this week. But at any rate, I'm glad I popped in. That mac and cheese looks great and it's about time I made some this year! Like you, I stick it out through the snow and grumble a bit about it, too! I'm just not ready for it so early as it has been this year. I don't know about down where you are but up here in Lansing it is about six inches and more today... sigh. A good day to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy, Merry CHRISTmas & Happy New Year!
    How are you?
    I’ve got so much to catch up on, I’ve been away from blogging for tooooooooo long. I’ve noticed I’m not the only one😕 there are a lot of abandoned blogs out there.
    Good to see you’re still here (occasionally)
    Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just read your bio. I love our Lord and Savior also and am a farmhouse cottage dweller. I try to live a sunny, simple life..not always the case but it's my goal. That mac and cheese is totally talking to me. I am just on my 3rd day of a 21 day fast. Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a great recipe! I wasn't too impressed with an old recipe I had. It looks so pretty. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mooom, this is from November! It's late January!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda e deliciosas imagem. Abraço.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)