Friday, July 13, 2007

I wanted to share with everyone the beautiful trellis that my sweet husband made for me and put up on the side of the pergola outside our back door. I have an annual mandevilla vine growing up it right now. I will try to take it in over the winter and see if I can save it, but I have no experience with Madevilla so I don't know if it will work. Anyone ever overwintered this type of plant?

Also, here is a view of the trellis from the other direction and you can see how high some of my hollyhocks have grown. The Pergola is about 8 feet high and the hollyhock is getting really high. It seems to still be growing, I hope it wont get knocked down when the rain comes. I think I will tie it to the structure somehow to prevent it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. The weather here is going to be perfect, in the 70's (it is about 66 right now!) and sunny. I am heading outside to do some lawn and garden work and enjoy the beautiful weather.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy! How sweet of your husband! Your pictures are so beautiful! Your home looks so comfortable and inviting! The weather in Michigan HAS been gorgoeus hasnt it? I just love being able to have the windows open and hearing the birds sing and smell the fresh air even when I am indoors!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, that was very nice of Earl. That vine grows prolifically here and is really beautiful in many colors. I had a yellow one at the Gulfport house. I don't believe it will survive the winter. I hope you can take it inside. LAS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)