Monday, November 21, 2011

Pumpkin Coffeecake

Good morning! We are in the home stretch. Thanksgiving with all it's baking, family fun and  warmth is almost here. Are you counting the days and planning the meal with anticipation? I know we are! I just saw one of the nieces facebook status was "4 nights until cheesecake day". Not turkey day, cheesecake day. Earl has made pumpkin chocolate swirl cheesecake for quite a few years now and I am afraid it outshines even Mr. Turkey on the big day:>)  The recipe for the cheesecake can be found on my favorite recipes page, just under my header. 

Today I wanted to share a pumpkin coffeecake that is just perfect for Thanksgiving breakfast. Moist and delicious with a streusel topping and drizzled with browned butter glaze.  Make it the night before and you won't have to add breakfast prep to your big day.
You can find the recipe here. Don't you just love the Internet for finding great recipes?
I'm off to work now but I'm looking forward to checking in on everyones posts this week and seeing how you are preparing and decorating and anticipating:>)\

And one more thought....
What are you thankful for this week?

10 comments:

  1. Oh please save a piece of that cheese cake for me! :o) Will need to check out the recipe. I love your black Friday note! :o)
    Yesterday, Woody and I scurried about picking up pecans from some of our trees, then we moved our porch furniture out in to the yard, cracked and ate our pecans in a perfectly warm breeze, just enjoying the sounds all around us. I love having that time together. :o)
    I hope you are off to a wonderful week dear friend.
    love, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good Kathy! I am heading out to the grocery store to get the rest of my T-day meal. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head and a family that loves me...
    xo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always ignore Black Friday. That pumpkin coffee cake looks wonderful. The Internet is my crystal ball, and I love that we can find anything we need. I am thankful for my family and especially my two lovely daughters. I often think how blessed I am that I am 63 years old next month and my mother is still alive and so happy tucked safely in Vermont. My sister is visiting her for this long weekend and I just returned from a visit. I can always count on a smile, a bowl of her amazing soup and a great conversation.

    Wishing you a wonderful day.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coffee cake looks delish! I am getting excited for all the cooking and baking.
    PS- I never go out on Black Friday, can't stand the crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Save a piece for me - I'll be right over!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful coffecake. I think I would make this for the weekend after. I'm thankful most for families. I never understand all those people who complain about crazy relatives and having to get together once a yar. I love my extended family.
    I don't shop on Black Friday or Thanksgiving weekend. Can't stand the crowds after such a peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cake looks sooo good. Will have to make it soon. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there
    Yum...yum...yum...I love pumpkin and spices that go with pumpkin. How delightful this is. I adore cakes like this because they go so nicely with coffee..mmm... I will put this on my list of cakes to make next.
    Thank you for sharing...

    I am grateful for good health for my family and myself....

    Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. No its not about Black Friday....

    Enjoy this lovely day
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't participated in Black Friday for so many years, I don't give it a second thought!
    Yum-that pumpkin coffee cake sure looks good!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My Kathy...you have done it again!

    I will be serving this during the holidays for sure!!!!!

    HappyThanksgiving to you and your family.

    janet xox

    PS...I am thankful for your friendship ;->

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)