Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day

Not everyone gets a good and loving father.  I know because I wasn't one of the lucky ones, my real father wasn't around after the divorce when I was 3 and my stepdad wasn't much to write home about either.  I was fortunate to have a grandfather who was my everything, he loved me unconditionally and completely and we spent a lot of time with grandma and grandpa on their farm.  But having missed the real deal, I have been blessed beyond belief to have this wonderful man as my husband  and the father of our children.  His love, kindness, leadership, dedication and tenderness to our girls is even more precious to me. Just knowing that our girls have everything I ever wanted in a dad means the world to me and I know the girls feel the same way.

Victoria shared this on her facebook page this morning and it warmed both our hearts.

My dad has always been a solid rock. Someone I knew would ALWAYS be there and who I know can be depended on no matter what. In addition to this, he is funny, adorable, intelligent, loving, sympathetic, a great listener, a hard worker, and a humble man. If you can think of any good quality a man can possess, my father has it. He is patient and unfailingly good, and is one of my best friends. I cannot thank him enough for shaping me into the person I am today, and for being such a great husband to my mother, and a great measure for my morality and faith. Happy father's day.

He is all that :)

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your husband and your daughters father.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he must have been thrilled to read that tribute! He sure looks like a salt of the earth kind of guy. Isn't God good?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a wonderful tribute...no better present than that, I am sure!! Happy Father's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tribute to your guy, Kathy! He's not hard on the eyes either! ;-D

    I had a wonderful father but my husband goes above and beyond for my children. I would have loved to have a father like him...does that sound strange? I just think he does a magnificent job!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you and your girls to have such a wonderful husband and father Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious words! What a gift to you and to your daughters to have such a man! I have one too, and know how special it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)