Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Sneak Peek at more Wedding Decorations

We are two and a half weeks from a wedding!  I've put as much of the regular household duties and projects on hold as possible in order to get the finishing touches done.  The etsy shop has some decals listed that can be popped in the mail quickly if need be, but I won't be relisting anything until after the big day.
 It shouldn't surprise you that we have planted a large cutting garden for the wedding flowers. Pink, white and coral zinnias, pink cosmos, lambs ear and snapdragons will fit in beautifully with Victoria's pink and coral colors.  Queen Anne's Lace will tie in with all the lace touches.  I mocked up a small arrangement to see how they will look, but the table centerpieces will be much larger than this. For a late summer wedding why not take advantage of a cutting garden for your wedding flowers? It's a great way to save money and still have the freshest flowers possible.  We can supplement with flowers from the farmers market! 
 I have been working on table numbers, making stencils for little chalk board tags that will go in the flowers on the tables. 
 When I'm finished I'll share the numbers on my graphics page in case anyone else might want them :>)
 The venue has a full wall of windows that looks out onto a back patio area.  Earl is working on containers for the large windows, (I can't wait to show you!) but I am able to recycle the lanterns from Lauren's wedding centerpieces for the smaller window spaces and these will alternate with the project he is working on.  Once again, the cost was minimal for these, I found just enough florals at Joanne Fabrics in the summer clearance aisle to top the lanterns and dollar store glass candles to fill them. We are able to use real candles for these because the lanterns completely enclose them. Yay!
Cost for 8 lanterns? I originally paid about $7 each for them on clearance, but I have already used them for one wedding as well as Christmas decorating and centerpieces for dinners we have catered, so I count the cost of the silk flowers and the candles at $28! Not bad!
I went through my lace stash and found enough of this beautiful lace to cover the glass candles.  You have to love free ;>)  The lace theme seems to have evolved naturally through what I had on hand.  If you have a great stash of crafting materials it helps to keep an open mind and see what works.  Victoria is loving the way everything is coming together  and so am I! I can't wait to put it all together and see how it looks.
Hope you're having a great week....now I have some more work to do :>)

15 comments:

  1. You have such good ideas! I'm sure your daughter is thrilled by all the things you are preparing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Test run the candles. I was at a wedding recently and the candles started to smoke really bad. They were in lanterns as well. Might have been bad candles. Better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! It's going to be a beautiful wedding! It has been my experience that weddings and events that require more thought and creativity than money are, by far, the most delightful! Your cutting garden must look spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my stars! Almost makes me want for my Baby Bee to get married so I can "borrow" your ideas. (Almost but not quite since she's only 13! Ha!) Such lovely, lovely ideas. This is going to be a beautiful wedding. Those lace covered candles are especially pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is all coming together beautifully! I can't wait to see it all together. It's going to be gorgeous!

    Need any help from us? We've got random days open in the next couple of weeks, including from Wed. on the week of. Let me know if you need us.

    And, in case I haven't said it recently, you remember that *you* are the only detail I have figured out for my girls' sometime-in-the-very-distant-future weddings, right? You are SO good at this stuff and I'm...not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's going to be a beautiful wedding - but, then, I knew it would be! I can't wait to see more. Hope you are taking a bit of time here and there to take some deep breaths and get a bit of rest.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!!!
    My daughter's wedding is less than 2 months away!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not surprised at how beautiful it is all coming together, Kathleen, you have such a knack for this sort of thing.
    Maybe with all this experience you should become a wedding planner!
    Doesn't that sound like fun?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea to grow your own flowers! It's such a big expense. Love the little number flags too. Can't wait to see it all together. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your details. The lace on your candles really speaks to me! ~rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wedding is going to be gorgeous! Can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your very own cutting garden for the wedding ... brilliant and beautiful and all the precious touches will make this special day just sparkle all the more! I love all you have done!! I can hardly wait to see what Earl has been working on. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)