Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This is one of the original built in cupboard doors that were in the teeny kitchen of this house when we bought it. I have a pair of them that my husband has been trying to throw away for the past 20 years, LOL! He has actually taken them out to the curb a few times and I have sneaked out there and brought them back. He would see them in the basement and just shake his head and laugh. I always knew that someday I would paint on them, they have a really great alligatored old paint finish on them and I love the texture. Well I finally got one of them finished with a painting of zinnias. I really like the way it turned out and I have it hanging in the hallway outside our bathroom door. I still have one to paint, if I can get to it before he sneaks it out to the road again! He likes this painting too, so maybe he will give up and let me just paint the other one. I guess that means I even pick trash piles at my own house! I'm pretty hopeless, good thing he loves me anyways:>)

20 comments:

  1. Look at you! That is great!
    I painted on our back door to cover some scratches and dents...a bunny in garden boots and a topiary tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty. I can't wait to see how you paint the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so nicely. They were definately worth saving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy it turned out beautiful! I'm so glad you snuck them back in from the curb! :)

    *muah*
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful Kathy!! I cant wait to see what you do with the next one! WOW you are talented!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The door is beautiful. What talent!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great. My husband doesn't much appreciate my "odd & old" things I love so much either.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks fabulous!
    Oh, that story reminds me of something my dh and I would do..... me sneaking them back in, him taking them back out.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice idea. I have a similar thing going on with my husband ;-)...the other day when we through out an old chandelier I was tempted to retrieve the old milk glass lightbulb covers but before I could someone beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy - that is beautiful! I love the colors and the texture! Hang on to the other one! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful painting, Kathy. I guess we need someone to throw things away or our houses would all look like mine!! I am glad you rescued this one and cannot wait to see what you put on the other. LAS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, and you can paint Too ?? You are a very creative Miss, thats for sure !! Love the Zinnias !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too funny! You did a beautiful job, and I'm sure your husband is waiting for you to tackle the other one!
    xoxo, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. That turned out really pretty. You did a great job!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathleen,
    I love these.You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty, I can't wait to see the other one done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hmm--i meant threw and not through!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that painting! Lucky duck yo u can paint. Can't wait to see the other one. Thanks for coming by and visitng me! cherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty! Good for you. I'm glad I linked you to my blog. Come for a visit.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)