Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What I love about my Home


Karla's Cottage is having a "What I Love About my Home" show today. Right at the moment I am not crazy about anything inside my home. I am in the final stages of the living room paint job (YAY!) but everything is still torn apart until that is done, and if anyone has ever been involved in that type of project, and I know you have, you know it affects every aspect of your home. Something from one room needs to be stored in another room and so on and so on. It disrupts the entire house. So today I will show you what I love about my home outside. This pergola was built for me by my sweet husband for our 25th anniversary. I love how it adds a little interest to the back entry. What I really love is all the hanging plants I can adorn it with so that every time I step outside in the summer I am surrounded by garden. Sometimes I go outside on a summer morning with my coffee or ice tea and just sit and sip and watch the morning and the deer and rabbits running around the yard. It is lovely and it makes me smile every time I see it. Thanks honey, for such a lovely gift!

20 comments:

  1. Kathy, I just love your home! It has such a cottage look. So warm and cozy! I love the pergola!!!! It sounds so inviting to sit out there and watch the bunnies and deer among the beautiful flowers! I can see why you love it!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty place to sit and have your tea!
    Will we get to see your newly painted living room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet Husband you have !! It is so nice !! And definitely a wonderful place to start your day !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I love your pergola! I want tp build one (narrower) over my garage door, so I can have flowering vines climbing all over it. When you pull up our driveway the garage is the first thing you see and it could use some softness for sure!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely. Our son-in-love just built a beautiful pergola over their patio. I know what you mean about the hanging plants. They have many and they just gro beautifully.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted a pergola. Your's is lovely! Say, I was just posting this morning about our helpful hubbies! Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect place to sit and enjoy your yard. Your husband is must be a great guy to make you such a wonderful present!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kathy, Pretty Home. My House is a mess, because I've been Crafting so much, so I don't really love it right now,LOL. Really great post though. We have a covered Patio, Not quite the same. Your flowers are so pretty too, I wish I could keep flowers alive (blush)...

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful gift! What a great husband you have indeed. I love the pergola, so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is so special - what a wonderful, loving gift! Just beautiful too! I know you really enjoy that space!

    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hubby sounds so much like mine. Always giving and doing! How blessed we are! I love the pergola! Thank you for sharing with us all!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is wonderful! What a lovely place to be, and how touching that your husband made it for you for such a special anniversary!

    Thanks for sharing it!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy, the pergola looks so inviting. How wonderful that the one you hold dear made it just for you:-) It is nice to be loved.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your honey did a great job building such a wonderful pergola. 25 yrs? We will be celebrating our 25th next month. Way to go!!

    xo,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy!! I think we wrote the same post! LOL!! I felt a bit embarrassed to join in on this fun but I do love my home so much!!

    I have total pergola envy! For 2 years I've wanted a pergola on my back part of the house. I plan on building it but haven't been able to get to it yet. I love yours! :)

    *muah*
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely place to sit and sip tea or read. I just love the red door too!

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tell honey I need one of those at my house too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your new header with the dragonfly on the blog!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)