Sunday, December 9, 2007

Peace

I failed to mention in last weeks post that the first Candle of advent symbolizes Hope, or a period of waiting for The birth of Jesus and His return someday. The second Sunday of Advent we light the peace candle and prepare our hearts for the Christ Child. I am going to concentrate on having peace with my fellow man this week. I have caught myself losing a bit of my "Christmas Spirit" this week as I rushed around and fought with crazy drivers and holiday traffic. (Why is it that everyone is so much more agressive driving this time of year?) I can't let the hustle and bustle take away my peace, and I need to lean on God when I feel myself losing it! This week I wish you all the peace of God that passes all understanding. It is peace that only God can give us.

11 comments:

  1. Peace to you as well, dear Kathy:)

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sentiment Kathy, may Peace be with you as well :) Jenn and Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kathy, thank you so much for reminding me what the season is all about! May peace be also with you...
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kathy, I'm just smiling. I thought the same thing yesterday as I was in Target, caught behind a young chicky girl yacking on her cell phone walking sooooo slow, and it seemed each time I moved to the left or right she did as well. I was sooooo irritated...and then I thought, this is Christmas, Alexandra, knock it off. I was still irritated though. :)
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen Grace, I think that advent wreath you made is the most beautiful I have ever seen. Beautiful post. ~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying hard to keep peace in my heart this Advent season.
    Wishing you a peaceful and joyous Advent,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I have been talking to others and we too have been trying to focus on Christ and all He is for us. Trying to make Christmas more simple and more beautiful because of glorying in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and myself and our sweet grandchild lit the Advent candle at our church this Sunday. It is such a meanful experience. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true about finding peace in God. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)