Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Memorial Day weekend!




I am sure most of you aren't looking forward to a rainy Memorial day weekend, but I woke up this morning to the sound and scent of a soft rain on the roof and I am loving it!


I find rain so relaxing. We don't have a lot of plans for this weekend that will be ruined by it, and it is supposed to be sunny Monday so I might as well enjoy it and I am.


I am headed over to the church this morning to help with a teen garage sale to benefit a mission trip and then probably to the farmers market. Rain cannot keep me from the flowers! By the way, did you ever notice how a rainy day seems to make colors seem brighter? I ran out and took these pictures of the garden this morning and the colors are amazing. The snowball bush blooming beside the garage just pops in this light. And the clematis is so bright and pretty.

If the rain stops we will work on garden chores (I have a LOT of weeding and planting to catch up on), and I found a tutorial for putting a picture in my blog header and my daughter is going to help me try to figure it out. Hopefully I will have a beautiful header by Monday! Wish me luck.

Monday we have a picnic planned with friends at a lake house. It sounds like the perfect weekend to me. A little rain, a little sunshine and family and friends. Happy Memorial day to everyone, and a big thank you to all our servicemen and women,past and present for their dedication and sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)