Monday, May 21, 2007

A Great Weekend!




Hubby and I had a wonderful time in Lansing this weekend. The Art Fest was fun, I didn't buy anything but we both got lots of inspiration. I saw this cool birdbath full of glass shapes for mosaics. Almost got some but then remembered all the projects already waiting in line at home and passed. Can you see the stars and hearts and moons and flowers in among the regular marbles and round pieces? Earl and I ate out and walked and just reconnected, sometimes we just need us time and this was it.









We also went to a small village of antique stores and poked around. Not much to see in the end but we did get an old Magic Chef cookbook from the 1930's for my brother who runs antiquestoves.com .







The heading under this picture says "Lemon Pie is the Acme of Deliciousness" Isn't that just the funniest?






Sunday we came back home and had lunch with the daughters, went to Shrek 3 (I love those movies!) and then came home and just hung out together. Vicky made dinner for us. A wonderful Asian Barbecue Chicken Salad that she found in Bon Appetit. It was fantastic and she made it so beautiful for me. Victoria is 16 and she seems to be a natural in the kitchen. What a blessing my girls are! In addition I had friends and family calling and dropping in here and there wishing me a happy birthday. Thanks to everyone for making my 49th so memorable! :>)

1 comment:

  1. That salad is a work of art!! you are right, Victoria is a natural!! Glad you had a good time on your w/e. It is always hard to imagine a kind and sensitive person as your husband being called Earl. Sorry. i had to say it.
    About your last post, glad to see grandma's teapot, it is so unusual. My feeling about the material is that it will be like one of those mornings that you wake up and have to paint a room. When the right thing turns up to use it for, you will know, and you will do it. I love the one with the Scotties on it. Isn't that kind of unusual amoung all the flowers and gingham?
    This blog is the best idea!! Such a bright spot in my day.
    I guess that i did not know what your brother did, but i looked at his site and he has some beautiful stoves. Thanks for sharing. love Aunt Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)