Monday, August 25, 2008

Good Monday morning! The sun is shining and the air has a touch of coolness this morning. A sparkling day has begun, my last Monday before the school year starts (not counting Labor Day of course!) I just wanted to show you the tray I got while out garage saleing with my Aunt who is visiting from Florida. We had a great time and I picked up a little bit of vintage jewelry for projects and this beautiful needlework tray.
It has some chips around the edges but I just sanded them down and spray painted the frame black. Then I remembered the can of gold glaze I had picked up off the dollar paint pile at Meijer a couple years ago. I knew it would come in handy! So I put a layer of glaze on and wiped it off. I think I may add another coat (or two) of the glaze, but I am pretty happy with it. It looks very autumnal on my old $2 coffee table that I just painted red to go in the living room. It was white but I wasn't happy with it. Couldn't decide whether to paint it black or red but went with the red and I like it. Do you find that your color choices are influenced by the season you are in when you decorate? I do. I guess that is the good thing about decorating with "junque" you can always paint it again if you tire of it. And now you know why I am so slow in my bedroom redecorating project too. I have a lot of irons in the fire. I am throwing a baby shower this friday for my dear cousin who finally has her baby boy after many years of trying for a child. Shopping with the college bound kiddo, meetings and putting the kitchen back together at work this week:>( and everything else that gets done day to day. A busy week ahead but I always make time to visit my blog friends. I'm so addicted! So, I hope each of you have a wonderful week. Oh, and some of you did guess right, the button covered ball in the post below is a finial for the curtain holdbacks in the bedroom. I am expecting a delivery today and hopefully will finish the last finial today too. Update (hopefully) Wednesday.
P.S. I wanted to say thank you to Thru Pink Curtains for giving me the Kreative Blogger award. How sweet is that!?

28 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a special baby shower, I'll bet it will be lovely! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Autumnal! Great word :) Pretty piece. I'll bet that was fun out junking with your aunt. My aunts are not too mobile anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful find...
    aww, thats so nice for your cousin..
    Have a wonderful week..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tray is beautiful. I thought it was a silver tray at first. I really like the gold glaze. Your bedroom redo has been going fast. I can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Kathy...I just love the tray!!! I love needdlework and I love the colors in this piece.

    Have fun with all the "stuff" you have to do ~ I am...with my painting of the Master Bedroom!!

    ~Blessings,
    Jan

    ps...cool and now mostly cloudy here today, too ~ just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous tray! I love all it's pretty colors & I love how it looks on your red table! I have a table I need to paint & LOVE red - maybe I will give it a try too!

    Happy Monday!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your last week before school starts! Fall is here for sure!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. This tray is just lovely. Best wishes with the baby shower, and with the new blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy -
    What a gorgeous tray! You found a real treasure. Wish I could see it on your red coffee table - in person! The baby shower will be very special. A much-loved baby! Oh, oh, oh - the bedroom project sounds like it's moving along. What a great idea for a finial.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty tray Kathy! Yes, I find I'm influenced by whatever season I'm in when I'm painting stuff. I tend to red and blacks in the cooler seasons and white and green in the warmer months. We're already two weeks into the school year!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello..
    Your tray is soo beautiful!! Great find :) I'm busy too, I'm going to try a craft fair with my cards and i've rented space at another shop for the "antiques" to resale..I think it keeps me young but not thin!!! Can't wait to see your bedroom :)
    Warmly, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. YOur blog is looking so pretty... love the new look....

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your award. What a great find, and I can't wait to see your bedroom. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kathy!
    Love, love love the tray! And the red table of course you know I would love :-)! I am really looking forward to seeing your bedroom!

    Congrats on the sweet award.
    xo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty tray.......great find. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pretty tray! And, so glad you had a great time with your aunt.
    Yes, I do find seasons dictate colors I want to use. I am not fond of autumn and therefore, don't care for oranges, golds and browns...however, I can usually find some red/orange items that I can use for a wreath for my porch. That is about all the decorating I do for fall. I plunge right into WINTER, usually.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great find , looks so pretty .
    Please stop in to pick up your aword , Great Blog , Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely find, Kathy, and I bet it looks great on the red table! I, too, decorate with the colors of the seasons.

    Can't wait to see the bedroom!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kathy,
    Love the tray! I'm trying to make something similar using an old runner and a picture frame. (Don't know when it will get done - I've been "working" on it for about a year). Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say HI! Enjoy your last week of summer before school starts!
    Blessings,
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Kathy, the tray is BEAUTIFUL! It sounds like you have a lot of irons in the fire right now. It seems like only yesterday that you were posting about your daughter's graduation, and now she is college-bound...

    Take care, and save a little time for YOU. :) (Try, anyway)
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty..I hate to see you have to go back to school. that does mean fall is near though=) Have a blessed week.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank You so much , we really enjoy our deck . Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooo Congratulations on your Kreative Blogger award! :-) Love the tray!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your tray was a great find and I absolutely adore your button covered finial. How clever. ~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well, you're "kreativ" if I ever saw it =) Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, Sweet friend...just stopping in to say hello and that I hope you are working really HARD on that bedroom 'cause I sure am getting anxious to see it !! :O)
    love, bj

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kathy, that tray is beautiful!! What a wonderful find!

    Congratulations on the award, you definitely deserve it!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)