Saturday, August 30, 2008

Welcome Nicholas!

I know I told you yesterday that I was throwing a baby shower for our cousins. This is what all the fuss was about. Little Nicholas, born 4 weeks early but doing fine! We needed to wait until he was a little bigger to pass him around one of our family gatherings:>) A precious little miracle and the first boy born in this family in about 22 years! We seem to make girls around here.
Not that there's anything wrong with that! This is Ava, born last year on the first day of hunting season, Daddy will never hunt again, although the rest of the guys were asking if she was coming up to the cabin for her birthday parties. It's a very rustic cabin, outhouse kind of rustic, so I'm thinking that won't be happening:>) We got to see dear little Ava and it was a special bonus since Mom & Dad live in Ohio and we don't get to see her very much.

What would a party be without food? Egg Salad and Chicken salad on homemade bread and croissants made by my dear sis, Karen. Karen made the cutest burp cloths for the baby. You can see them here. The whole family pitched in and brought something delectable which made things so much easier for me. I have been having back spasms all week and everything hurt. I could not have done this without the family. Thanks everyone!

My sweet daughter helped me make these little bluebird cupcakes instead of a cake. I found the idea on the Martha Stewart website. They were pretty easy and so cute!

Now all we have to do is get dear daughter packed for college and on her way. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. The weather looks like it is going to co-operate here by being sunny and warm. Ahhh summer, I just want to hang on to it a little longer....

25 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are so cute but they don't hold a candle to that little baby boy and girl ! So glad it all went well and hope your back is better.
    Enjoy this long weekend...
    love, bj
    p.s. I saw a blog that offered free backgrounds and banners but can't remember where. Do you know?
    I need a NEW look for fall and don't know how to get it. How and where do you find all your borders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous babies! We don't have any little ones in our family anymore and I miss it terribly. They just bring so much joy, laughter, and love to a family don't they!?!

    Good luck with getting your daughter ready for school. We drove our daughter back to college just last week...now I'm all depressed again. It's so confusing to me...how can you be so utterly proud and happy for our daughters yet on the other hand be so sad at the same time! I know what your going through. You'll be in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...what a sweet little bundle of joy! He's so precious! The bluebird cupcakes turned out so cute and you have them displayed so nicely on the cake pedestal. What a bunch of major family events with the daughter going off to school and all! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute babies! I love the cupcakes and all the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both Nicholas and Ava are just precious! And that food...yummy!

    Hope your back spasms go away...they can be so painful.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sure is the cutest baby and he looks pretty health too. Scrumptous meal too. Everything looks so good. Well God bless the little one and the family too....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy,
    The babies are so precious and adorable and I love those bluebird cupcakes! They look yummy! Jan@daylilylane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable babie! Looks like a fun time. Love the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous party, cute cupcakes, and cuter guest of honor!
    Thank you for all your prayers and blessings!
    Have a wonderful Labor Day,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  10. What darling babies Kathy!!! I want to hold them and kiss those cheeks!!!

    Those cupcakes are so CUTE!! I love the bluebirds! Chicken salad sandwiches are my favorite, oh yummy!

    I am so sorry about your back! I hope you feel better soon!

    Big Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family makes beautiful babies. And, those cupcakes are adorable.

    I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What adorable babies! They are always worth celebrations. The food spread looks so delicious, and those cupcakes are absolutely adorable. I must check the Martha link. Oh, and my hubby was called home from the duck blind when I went into labor with one of my sons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's beautiful ...how exciting to finally have a boy join your beautiful family. I love the cupcakes ...so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The babies look precious and the food looks delicious! blessings, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. A post about babies and cupcakes...it doesn't get any better than that. Oh, the new baby looks so cute, and that baby girl is a cutie. I love babies, and cupcakes...those look so perfect. Oh, I just had a thought, you could photograph one of your gorgeous birds next to these for your Etsy photo.

    Well, I have an award for you over at my place. So, please stop by and take it home. Even if you already have this one, I wanted you to know that I LOVE YOUR BLOG.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great post! Babies, cupcakes and a family gathering...just before college starts...Oh I remember missing my little neice and nephews (we make boys in our family big time!) when I went to college. Now they are having babies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The food looks fabulous for the baby shower. I especially love the little blue bird cupcakes. I've got to find those on the Martha website.

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nicholas is so cute, and so is Ava. Sweet babies!

    The cupcakes look wonderful! Love them.

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Those little bluebird cupcakes are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful babies..
    everything looks so delich..Glad everyone had a nice time..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those cupcakes are adorable and so are those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Goodness me! I missed this one while I was away! Nicholas and Ava so sweet.....who needs cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness...now aren't those cupcakes just the cutest. xo rachel

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Kathy
    I haven't stopped by in awhile. The cupcakes are so cute! but just as BJ said, not as cute as the babies!
    I agreed with your comment on BJ's blog about the blue. I didn't like blue years ago either. Maybe it was because it was that grey blue. I thought it was a boring color, but now I love it.
    Hope you are missing your daughter just a little bit less.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)