Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Has it been over a week since I posted!? Wow, all I can say is the new full time job is kicking my hiney, for any of you out there who work full time and blog on a very regular basis, I tip my hat to you. At some point I will be finished training, know everything there is to know about this job (snort) and be better able to manage my time. In the meantime, bear with me if I don't answer all my emails right now ok?
In other news, I had to share my latest score from Salvation Army. I have been wanting brown transferware for ages, I found this set of 7 plates for about a dollar each, on sale, and snapped them up. Three of them are in a tiered plate holder with fruits and veggies in the kitchen. I would show you how gorgeous they look, and they do look gorgeous, but I'm losing the light and it would entail more work than my sad and tired self is able to muster at the moment. One of the reasons I don't care for the winter months is how quickly it gets dark. Time to haul out the owners manual for my DSLR and actually try to figure out how to use it on manual setting to adjust for light. I have only had this camera two years. Maybe it's time to read the manual?
 Also, I wanted to tell you if you are in the market for cute knobs, run, don't walk, to Michaels. these were in the dollar section. That's right, a buck each. I had Lauren with me and she grabbed four cuties for a some day project. Now all she needs is a dresser that only needs four knobs. That's my girl:>)
I finished my pumpkin project for the contest at work last night after dark and didn't get a photo. (where is that camera manual!?) So I have to  take my camera in tomorrow and get some pictures all unstyled and everything. But I know you want to see it, and you all have great imaginations so you can imagine it in just the right setting for me right?:>)
Hope your week is going swell.
Talk at you later.

17 comments:

  1. Kathy
    I could well imagine I'd be lucky to blog even once a week if I were working! So you're doin good girl!!
    I love your plates and can't wait to see how Jack turned out!
    Take care-Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are liking your new job! You will be a pro soon and have plenty of time to blog! ;-D

    I love the transferware...what a bargain!! Sometimes they sneak up on us!

    I hear you on the light settings on the camera. I have my manual and only look at it when something goes wrong. I try to take my pictures in the kitchen, in the morning when the sun is bright. The background of most of my pictures is the same!! lol!

    Have a great week, Kathy!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope soon you will be adjusted to your new job and won't be so tired. Everything will go better then. WOW! Those knobs are worth running after. Love that one that says SEE WHAT'S INSIDE. Alas Michaels is a 3 1/2 hour drive from us. We live out in the middle of nowhere. Can't wait to see the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool knobs!

    I'm sorry you haven't found a good groove yet to juggle everything you have going on-but I know you'll get there soon.

    I'm anxious to see the pumpkin you carved. Did you roast the seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love plates and yours are a great find! I haven't been to Michael's in a while, I'll have to check it out. We'll be watching for pumpkin photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiiii!!!
    I've been thinking about you!
    (don't bother coming over...I have nothing to share LOL)
    I LOVE those knobs! We don't have a Michael's anymore.
    I love your plates too. I have one.
    Hang in there buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cha Ching! :o) What fabulous find you have there Kathy! Oh goodness those knobs are cute and beautiful plates!! They will be a lovely addition to your charming home. :o)
    I can't wait to see your pumpkin project pictures! :o)
    love ya, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great buy on that transferware Kathy! Those knobs are adorable...

    I don't know to use my camera either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the plates...Noted the glassware on the table. I just bought a set of 8 exactly like those at an estate sale. I love them,only wish I'd had cabinet room and cash to buy the matching juice glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE your beautiful brown transware....what a great deal..and they are really pretty. Good Job!

    I can't wait til morning...I am heading to Michale's and hope like heck they have the cutie knobs. I love them....thanks for the tip.
    hugs and hang in there, K. You will have the know-hows of the job under wraps in no time at all.
    xoxo bj

    ReplyDelete
  11. how interesting..well everything...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would love to see your pumpkin! Love these knobs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would love to see your pumpkin! Love these knobs. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was really liking the plate....and then I saw the novelty knobs and I promptly forgot about the plate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that plate, and those knobs are the cutest. I can't wait to see your pumpkin.

    Have a great day.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooo...those ARE beautiful...running to MICHAEL's now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those plates..total score!! And love that Lauren is her mother's daughter...grabbing knobs without anything to put them on...yet!! They'll be just perfect for whenever she does have the project they are meant for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)