Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Corners of my house

Ok, I am past the whole school lunch thing. I have had that bee in my bonnet and just had to let it out. I will probably have to remove that post for fear that someone I know sees it and I get myself in trouble;>) I know a lot of people show corners of their homes on fridays but I just wanted to show you a couple corners today. This is a garage sale chair I painted a couple years ago, one of my favorites. I got the red paint at a garage sale too for $1. It is one of my favorite paints and I am going to try to find more of it.
And this is my back entry, just a tiny little space that also contains the basement stairs. I wallpapered most of it but painted this lower area of the wall with blackboard paint. It is one of my favorite things I have done to my house. As you can see this pic is from Easter time! We all enjoy leaving notes and decorating it for special occasions. It's kind of sweet and cheery and cozy. I did it a couple years ago when Earl was hunting. He jokes that he never knows what the house will look like when he comes back:>) I hope to have some pictures of the living room by this weekend. Right now I need to go whip up some curtains before church tonight!

21 comments:

  1. Im in love with the red chair! The cherry's are perfect along with the checked seat....

    Great idea - the blackboard paint...You are so clever!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the more red chairs I see the more I want to go ahead and paint mine!! Your's looks so good. Love the chalkboard wainscoating!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the corners of your house..bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy...love the chair. Thanks for giving me a little glimpse into your home. Be sure to show more little corners of your home...it looks so warm and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay....the red chair is adorable and we love the turquoise chalkboard! Great post!

    smiles, kari and kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some adorable corners around here!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both corners! The red chair is just fab! I've wanted to try some of that chalk boardboard paint but never figured out a good place for it. Now that the 'kids' are 'grown' (and I use that term lightly!) I'm not sure I would do it. We do keep a dry erase board on the side of the fridge for grocery lists and notes.
    Thanks for sharing your corners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed the view! Love the red! And the black & white seat looks adorable on it! What color red is it? Thanks for sharing!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both ideas are great but I really love the chair!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love The corners of Your House ,Kathy. Great Chair, It Looks so Cozy, You did a Beautiful Job of fixing that up, I love deals too, Good Price :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. KATHY, your home is so inviting!! I love the chalkboard wall!! That is so neat!!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kathy!

    You are the winner of my magazine giveaway! Congrats!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you paint the cherries too?
    I love that chair and the back hall. Happy Easter Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kathy, love the red chair! Looks great with the black and white upholstery! Jacqui has a childens size chair, you have inspired us to paint it red! Have a lovely day! Jenn and Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  15. The red chair is just Darling:) The cherries give it just the right touch!

    I have considered using blackboard paint on the lower part of the wall outside my son's room. After seeing your lovely board I think I'll give it a try.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool--I was wondering why you had Easter on there--then I thought well, maybe she just always wants to remember the resurrection!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the red chair,and the darling way you accented it with the cherries. What a neat find and a great redo. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, love that red chair! I'm looking for an old chalkboard to hang in my kitchen -- maybe I'll just have to make one!

    So much fun to see some corners of your home -- can we see more?
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. The red chair is such a happy statement. You did a beautiful job, can't wait to see more corners or your life.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the chair and great idea for the chalkboard paint!!! Too cute you are, too, in your new photo!!!!!!! xo, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, your red cherry chair is Stunning, love the black and white gingham fabric too!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)