Saturday, October 13, 2007

This is it!

Yes, today is the day I FINISH painting the living room! The project that has consumed my summer ends today. Really! Today is the day we move the ginormous solid oak entertainment center and bookshleves (after I spend the morning unloading the thing!) and paint the wall behind it. That will finish up the project! YAY! Funny story behind the Entertainment center. My husband got it free from a friend at work. The guy just wanted to get rid of it. Now this is a very nice solid wood, expensive brand and I love it. And we got it FREE! SO hubby wrestles it home and he and my brother in law get it in place. These shelves are HEAVY. Earl stand back & says his friend had said they hadn't painted the room it was in for something like 16 years because the unit was so heavy to move! I immediately hated my wall color! As soon as he said it would be too hard to paint now that it was there I almost fainted. I paint a lot! He looked at me, I looked at him, I think he knew he was doomed to move that entertainment center more, much more, than every 16 years! LOL, and he was right. We are moving it, today.

11 comments:

  1. You must show us the finished wall!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...can't wait to see the finished product! Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny story! Doesn't it always seem to work that way, you're told you can't and immediately you have to! I can't wait to see the finished photos. Painting is so much fun!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! Can't wait to see it when you are finished! BTW....those ornaments are FABULOUS!

    smiles, kari and kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Kathy! Ok now we can't wait to see the finished wall - and I want to see this bookcase!

    I painted today too. Two years ago when we bought this house, I painted my master bath what I thought was going to be a latte color. It ended up being a pinkish beige....so today, we took down mirrors, tp holder, towel bars, blinds, etc and I started painting it the same color as my living room....fisrt coat is on and I am not sure about it....hmmm.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the finished product. Must feel good to have that project completed :)What a sense of accomplishment :)

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know all about a big and heavy entertainment centre..ours has been moved a few times and now hubby is hoping it will stay in the same place for awhile!!
    Waiting to see your finished living room..

    ReplyDelete
  8. He was doomed was he...very funny! I know what you mean - I paint alot too. Can't wait to see the room!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't wait to see your finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats the exact reason I try to avoid getting big pieces of furniture! I like things I can move myself! I rearrange my furniture alot!

    I can't wait to see the finished room!

    Hugz, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a giant, heavy one in my bedroom, and I painted around it! It never gets moved, so who knows? I stood on top of it to paint back as far as I could.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)