Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sweet & Sinister Swap

I arrived home from work today to find a box from my Sweet & Sinister swap partner, Carrie, sitting on the front porch. It is always such a treat to get a surprise in the mail and somehow getting something from someone you have never met adds to the excitement. You have no idea what they will come up with. Well, Carrie's swap goodies were all very sweet and not at all sinister! The item you see above is a beautiful handmade journal that Carrie sells in her etsy shop. It is absolutely lovely and I can't wait to use it! It has a fall theme and she used a lovely old vintage button for a closure.

But there was more! A pretty white ceramic pumpkin, a luscious smelling cinnamon ornament that is shaped like autumn leaves and acorns, an apple scented air freshener and some cute halloween jingle bells:>)
Some yummy looking dip mixes and flavored coffees! I am having a dinner party this weekend with out of town friends and I will be trying some of these!
Some "Sweet" chocolates that I think Carrie made herself? There were more but Earl & I decided we needed to sample them immediately! I LOVE Chocolate!
And last, but not least, an adorable halloween themed bracelet made with handmade lampwick beads and silver! This is amazing! How sweet and generous! Thank you so much Carrie! Carrie doesn't have a blog yet, but I hope when she does she will send me a link. What a fun swap:>) When I hear from Carrie that she got her package I will show you what I sent her!

19 comments:

  1. Oh what a fun package to receive! I love that little white pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely box of goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun swap! I love all the sweet items you received. My favorite is the journal...wonderful!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great box of surprises!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm pass the chocolate please!
    I think I just need to indulge in lots of chocolate to chase away my blues!

    Thank you for your sweet words about our dear Lola!

    Luvs ya bunches,
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what an awsome treat. It all looks wonderful.Great end to your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm that chocolate looks deelish! What a great swap partner! She sent you such fun stuff.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kathy, you lucky girl!! I love the white pumpkin!! And those chocolates look delicious!!!!! I would have had them gone in five minutes, lol!!

    Love ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy!
    Looks like an awesome swap - love the spooky pumpkin & I'm sure the chocolates were delicious. I sure enjoyed every single little wine chocolate that I received in your package - they were TOO good & didn't last long! I will look forward to hearing more about the book you're writing!

    Enjoy your day!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. How spoiled you are? What a great swap gift (or should I say gifts) to receive. Everything looks so delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of fun there! I'd have eaten the chocolate too before doing anything else...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a lovely package to come home to. Carrie is talented indeed...making a journal and homemade chocolates. You showed more restraint than me...I would have had them all eaten before I could retrieve the camera:)
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are blessed! So much fun!

    smiles, kari and kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful package! I can't believe you had chocolate left to photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a Beautiful Swap, such fun goodies. I was in The Black Cat & Pumpkin swap, (now posted on my blog) it was fun too!

    Thanks for sharing your goodies!

    Angie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGOSH!! WHat a wonderful package!! WOW!! I would have fainted with delight! That journal is gorgeous.

    Kathy thank you so much for the birthday wishes I wish I had enough things to have sent everyone. :)

    *muah*
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What a great bunch of goodies!! Blessings... POlly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how sweet, I LOVE the little flag banner on the cage!!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)