This Spring is just a miracle. Maybe not for those of you who are used to warmth and flowers this time of year, but in Michigan? A miracle. We have a forecast for tomorrow of highs in the low 80's, and we have had record warmth for weeks. The lilac leaves are unfurling! In March! I admit, I'm a little scared of a frost, but I'm going to trust that everything will be ok. What else can I do?
So without further ado, let me share with you my top ten favorite spring things.
1. Raindrops instead of icicles.
2.Tomorrow is my day off and the sheets are going on the line! I may go to bed at 6 p.m.
3. Sunshine, glorious, warm, brilliant sunshine. It makes me want to find a sunspot and nap like a
4. Garden planning! We may risk some peas and radishes and cooler weather crops this week. If it freezes we'll just try again.
5. The first daffodils of the season. Unbelievable in March.
6.Open windows, it's been in the 50's at night and we have the windows flung wide open. Which leads to ......
7. Going to sleep to the chirping of the peepers. You know what peepers are right? Those dear little frogs who seem to wake up in early spring with what seems to be the sole purpose of singing. Love.
8. Waking up to the sounds of the birds singing. That's how you really know it's Spring:>) The birds strike up a chorus where the peepers leave off.
9. Finding the basket of previous years primroses out by the chicken coop in full bloom! When these little darlings look bedraggled and dead, give them a new life by planting them in an old basket and set it in the shade. They'll reward you next fall and spring!
10.The scent of the air. It smells so fresh and full of promise. All the green things unfurl and you can smell them coming to life.
Now it's your turn, tell me what do you love about Spring?