Thursday, July 19, 2007

Living room paint

As promised, here is a sneak peek at the living room re-do. Behind the couch is the new yellow color that I am painting. The old color is just barely visible next to the curtain. I found the old water pump made into a lamp at a garage sale this summer. The little folk art church was made by my husbands great grandfather and is a model of the Free Methodist church they helped establish and which his family has been a part of for at least 5 generations. The original building is still standing in the little Town of Oxford, Michigan. This little building caught my eye at the new church building we went to down the road. I knew they were going to be doing a huge clean up at the church and asked if I could have it if they were going to get rid of it. I didn't even know his great grandfather had made it! That thanksgiving his mom saw it in our living room and told me where it came from and I was so happy that it caught my eye! What a treasure! Anyway, I am a long way from done with the painting. As you can see, the old trim is a med. wood and it will all be white when I am done. I will show more as I get things the way I want them to be.

3 comments:

  1. Oh kathy, it is looking wonderful! And I just adore the story about the folk art church! You were meant to have it! How neat is that!!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really a warm color, so cozy and inviting. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to leave a comment for days. It just keeps jumping all around and erasing what I wrote! HOpe this goes through. I love your blog and am going to put you in my favorites right now. The color you chose for your living room is fabulous and so is the story behind the little church. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)