A couple very sweet bloggers have passed some awards to me that I am very late in acknowledging. The first is the Art Y Pico award. It was given to me by the wonderful Karen Harvey Cox of, A scrapbook of Inspiration. She makes the most beautiful things and has a real heart for God. I love her to pieces. Thank you Karen!
There are a few rules that go with it:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award itself.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico’ blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.
I love so many and truley, I get inspiration and great ideas from nearly every blog I visit! BUt here are some of my favorites!
1. Ask Kari and Kijsa, now I know you have probably already been to their blog, but I must say they are a couple of super creative sisters with such a loving and fun outlook that you cant help but smile each time you visit them:>) 2.Lavender Hill Studio, Who hasn't met Penny? What beautiful things she makes and what a wonderful person! 3.Notes from a Cottage Industry, Tracey is the next Martha, I kid you not! Everything she touches turnes to beautiful and she has more creativity in her little finger than I have in my whole body. I shamelessly steal ideas from her every chance I get! 4. The Cutest Cottage Lamps, Marilyn is a fairly new blogger and she makes, you guessed it, the cutest cottage lamps! Stop by and see what she does with a lampshade. To die for:>) 5.Inspired Tokens, Alice makes really gorgeoous knitwear and sells it in her etsy shop. She also sews bags and other goodies and always has something fun to say.
Stop by these great blogs if you arent familiar with them, and say hello. You won't be sorry.
I was also honored by BJ with a circle of friends award. BJ is a sweet and loving person who I have grown very fond of. I hesitated to pass this award on because I know that some people will feel that it is kind of cliqueish. I dont want to be that way but I do admit that there have been some special people who have been hanging around this blog for a long time and who have been helpful and kind when I needed it most. Some gave much needed advice, some a word of encouragement and some just support me with personal emails and share common likes and dislikes so here goes.:>) I count the following bloggers in my special circle of friends. Penny and Phyllis, for advice when I have needed it. Thank you so much! BJ, I give this back to you because you always have such sweet words of encouragement and support. Dolly and Amy, for your sweet outlook on life and for being my Michigan sisters! Mary, you are the first post every morning and I always look forward to rolling out of bed, grabbing my first cup of coffee and seeing what you are sharing:>)
These are just a few of the bloggers I have come to look forward to sharing with. With these awards I just want to say, that although I have passed them on, I want to absolve any of you from passing them on yourselves. Please do if you want to, but know that they were given freely and without strings or expectations. Thank you again to Karen and BJ for thinking of me. I am always so pleased and surprised when I get one of these things!
Now I just want to add one thing. In the blogosphere we pass along kudos, generous gifts and many words of encouragement. Sometimes it is easier to do this for our "imaginary " friends than it is for those we actually know. My challenge to each of you is to do a kindness or compliment someone you live, work or worship with! We send gifts to our blog pals for no reason at all, what about our families? A sister? mother-in-law? Aunt? Let me know, do you do these things for people you have real physical contact with!? Wouldn't that make our world a little better too?
By the way, BJ is having a giveaway.:>) Click here to go see what you can win!