Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Garden Dreams

January is slipping on by, it's probably the one month that I feel least productive. The lull after Christmas, the cold grey days and early nights, I sometimes think I could sleep through the whole month. But I haven't. For one thing, we have had sunshine for three whole days in a row, oh happy day! And for another I have given myself the task of filling up the etsy shop since there is so little else to do.
So I made some of these scrappy valentine banners...
Scrappy heart banner
 
 And one of these...

 And some of these, (in different seed packet prints)
Seed Packet pillow cover

Because now is when we all long the most for the green of the garden, the sound of the bees, and the scent of fresh earth being planted.  I don't know about you, but this time of year we always go hog wild with our garden plans resulting in overbuying seeds. I have a serious stockpile of old seeds downstairs that I will be cleaning out and trying to sprout for the chickens. They appreciate some green goodies this time of year so much! They might as well enjoy them, some are so old I don't even know if they will sprout, we will see.  Are you planning your garden right now?
By the way, I've joined the throng at instagram.  If you want to see what I'm up you can join me there:>)

12 comments:

  1. O, I love 'em...and just ordered one...might be back for more as daughter just might like it, too. :)
    Thanks so much for letting me know about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pinned and am putting your cuteness on my sidebar..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....those sunflower decals.....darling! I'm excited about my pillow cover I ordered - LOVE your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so lovely! Spring can't be far with these lovely decorations in the home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your garlands and pillows. You are SO right about wanting Spring to come soon. I tossed a lot of old seed packets when I was cleaning in the garage recently, so we get to start fresh this year. If your chickens were close by I could have grown some things for them. That's a great idea.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must be unusual, I never wish for winter to be over...such a beautiful season for me. I love your garlands and pillows seed packets. Very cute, and being a lover of color I so love the colors! Have a very nice night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I love all of it. infact, I saw that gorgeous heart banner over at BJ's blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your work! That heart banner is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful banners and pillows Kathy! They make me long for spring even more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHMYGOSH! I just love everything here! They are wonderful and what great graphics!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your seed packet and gingham pillow stops me in my tracks every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)