Saturday, March 22, 2008

Shhh..The baskets are done...

These are the traditional Easter baskets at our house. Are your kids big on "tradition"? Earl bought these handmade Easter baskets one year when the girls were very little. One of the secretaries at work actually made these baskets and the girls loved them when they were little. Still do as far as I know. They are huge on doing things the same way every year. So, I found a little time to shop and came up with this. For Victoria, some pretty tank tops in easter colors to layer in her spring wardrobe. A Casting Crowns cd, a Chris Tomlin cd, some chocolate bunnies (of course), her favorite lip balm, some gum, chocolate eggs (tucked away in the bottom), and some jelly belly jelly beans. Just enough to make her smile.


Lauren has all the same goodies with the exception that instead of tank tops, I got her a new purse. She needed a purse more than clothes, I also got her a Gospel of John dvd, and a hillsong cd instead of the same media that Victoria got. I have some pretty serious church girls and they will love the christian cd's and dvd, and it's all about Jesus for Easter anyways right?
Now a few little last minute spiffing up chores and I will be ready for Easter dinner tomorrow! I wanted to leave you with these pictures of pretty centerpieces for the Easter table. (photos courtesy of BHG.com)

Aren't they just beautiful? I love the colors and flowers and natural themes of Springtime. Even if it isn't pretty outside (we got two inches of snow last night!) the house is springy and pretty and I can enjoy it until the real thing comes along outside. I wish everyone a blessed Easter!

8 comments:

  1. How beautiful your table centrepieces are
    Happy Easter to you and the family
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely centerpieces!! Wishing you and yurs a blessed Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the teacup flowers! And you made good cd choices. Love Chris Tomlin and Casting Crowns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun Easter baskets! I wish I was on your list.

    Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo, everything looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kathy, the girls will love these gifts!!! You did great! I LOVE the baskets too. I am huge on tradition as well :)

    Those arrangements are gorgeous! Ahhh spring :)

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a beatiful job. I hope your Easter has been wonderful.

    Cookie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)