Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Eggs and Homework

Two days ago my post started out with my neighbor mowing the frosty lawn in 27 degree weather in his coat, today the high is supposed to be 81.  Ahhhhh, I love spring:>)   It's a beautiful weekend coming up and a wonderful holiday commemorating Christ's love and sacrafice for us all. Today the youngest comes home from college for the weekend (Yay!) and I am working on homework for my online advertising class. I have homework due Sunday. Easter Sunday.  Am I the only one who thinks that's a bit odd?  So I am busy as a bee trying to get my assignments in ahead of time so I can relax with the family for a couple days. The rest of my classes begin next week and since I have homework due every day in my online class I can tell that posting will be erratic until I get a handle on it.  I just hope my brain hasn't atrophied:>{
I did have time to boil up some eggs for Easter, I think the Aracauna eggs are just perfect without dye don't you?  Beautiful shades of blue and green so I piled them in an old bowl and they will make a wonderful addition to the Easter table.  I have the whole family coming over and I am so looking forward to it.
My drawing for this is tonight so if you haven't entered the give-away do it now! I'll use the random number thingy tonight and announce the winner some time tomorrow.
Enjoy your weekend! I'll see you tomorrow:>)

17 comments:

  1. We always have erratic weather like that here too. It's bazaar when the weather changes by 60 or 70 degrees in a day or two. We'll take that warmth though!

    Happy Easter to you and your family. Hang in there with those classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweet little bowl, Kathy.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful spring post, I love your header!

    Have a lovely Easter
    Warm wishes
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. they sure do look nice without being dyed. I wouldn't have the heart to dye them...too pretty!!! Mica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the homework! I love the eggs and would not have colored them either...they are naturally beautiful!

    Happy blessed Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the homework! The eggs are beautiful just as they are!

    Happy Blessed Easter to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful colours the eggs are, I could hardly believe they arent coloured!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see who wins, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely picture. The eggs are simply beautiful and the bowl sets them off so prettily.

    Happy Easter! Good luck with your classes. I know you can do it! With all those creative ideas of yours, there is no way your brain has atrophied. :) You'll get the hang of it soon - just stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those eggs are SO pretty! Wow, I've never heard of those sort of eggs before...I'm intrigued. Happy Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't say as I've ever seen blue green eggs...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those eggs are lovely, Kathy! I've never seen them before!

    Good luck with school and homework!!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter Kathy! I hope you have a beautiful weekend!

    xo,

    annie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you going back to school! You can do it!

    Happy Easter!!

    I need to know if you have the chickens that lay those beautiful eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tina, thanks for the encouragement:>) Yes, the eggs are laid by Aracauna or Americauna chickens. They are readily available at your local farm co-op or through Murray-McMurray hatchery at: http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The color of those eggs is perfection! So soft and pretty!
    Happy Easter to you!
    :)
    ~Becca~

    ReplyDelete
  17. The eggs are beautiful! Love your site. Have a wonderful Easter with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)