Thursday, December 5, 2013

25 Days of Christmas ~ Wrap the Gifts

I love wrapping gifts. It's part of the decorating at our house, the gifts piled under the tree just make the tree complete and the sooner we can get them under the tree so people have to look a them and wonder what they could be getting, the better :>)
I do have a rule though, if you guess what's in the package (out loud) and get it right, the gift goes back to the store. You may think that's mean, but it was a rule set in place, not because our kids were good guessers, no the culprit was Earl and he was just uncanny in his ability to guess!
So I made the rule and now the surprise isn't ruined.
 Some years I am determined to get papers that coordinate, some years I just buy what strikes my fancy and they really look fine all mixed together anyway.  Like this sheet music paper. I couldn't resist.  I buy ribbon on clearance and use it over and over again, ribbon is a must. This year I dug through my sewing ribbons and found this deep red velvet, perfect!
 There is always some red, heck almost every package has red but that's the way I roll, and some should be shiny too!  I keep little gew gaws and gimcracks to add to make them pretty. I think the pinecone and bell pick came off a candle. I think the extras make them extra special :>)
And I usually set up a dedicated area to wrap. It's important to have a surface and area to store everything so I don't have to keep clearing the dining room table. This year I'm using my sewing table because I'm not getting a lot of sewing done right now anyway.
Do you like wrapping?

12 comments:

  1. No, in fact, I intensely dislike it. I am trying to get a grip, though. Last year, the grands informed me that they did not like gift bags because they were no fun to open. Must get some little pretties to help with the process. Your packages are beautifully done. Presentation is important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas wrapping is so much prettier than mine!
    I do like presents under the tree, but with just me and hubby this year it won't be too full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas wrapping is so much prettier than mine!
    I do like presents under the tree, but with just me and hubby this year it won't be too full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love pretty wrapped packages too but this year we are doing something different. Our oldest son & wife are in Peru for a mission so they will not be here and our other son & wife are going to wife's parents in Philippines. We decided to get a life size kitchen with play food for our only grandchild who will be two, so that will be put together and set up when she comes. Otherwise I will be putting pretty bands and bows around cookie containers and that is the extent of it! We will have a grand Christmas anyway. Your packages are too pretty to open tho Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother in law used to wrap pretty packages like you. She would have a designated box for the reusable doo-dads and we would toss them over to her for use next year. I tend to be a last minute wrapper but I am hoping to do better this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your packages are presents in themselves! They look so wonderful.

    I love wrapping presents now, but when the 4 boys were little and we had tons of presents and it took forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours are absolutely lovely. Yes I love wrapping pretty gifts too. Where did you find the music wrapping paper if you don't mind my asking?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love wrapping presents! I go all out when wrapping - I too buy at the end of the season so I always have lots of different papers and ribbons and doodads to choose from. I find it fun and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my friend...your wrapping inspires me. I have to learn to do bows, maybe U Tube has something. I have always stacked the presents in the den...honestly, the area around our tree is small and some of the large ones are impossible, but I guess I could put small ones out. My girls always shook the presents to guess and that would really annoy me. I try to buy the most economical paper, I hate spending $10.00 for 25 feet! I bought Kraft paper one year and used my Christmas stamps on it and the paper was so thick it was hard to fold and tape. End of that!! So I guess it will be a mish mash again this year. Okay by me...tradition!

    BTW...LOVE the music paper!!!!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my friend...your wrapping inspires me. I have to learn to do bows, maybe U Tube has something. I have always stacked the presents in the den...honestly, the area around our tree is small and some of the large ones are impossible, but I guess I could put small ones out. My girls always shook the presents to guess and that would really annoy me. I try to buy the most economical paper, I hate spending $10.00 for 25 feet! I bought Kraft paper one year and used my Christmas stamps on it and the paper was so thick it was hard to fold and tape. End of that!! So I guess it will be a mish mash again this year. Okay by me...tradition!

    BTW...LOVE the music paper!!!!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry. Did I click twice! :( I wanted to add after reading my comment that I sound like Scrooge! lol! Okay, a glass of wine and bed!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy wrapping gifts when I have the time to do it right. When I'm rushed it's not something I enjoy! That's when gift bags come in handy - but I really like a beautifully, carefully planned packages are my favorite!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)