Thursday, December 6, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree...

I am going to show you a few pictures of the tree all decorated. I like to really fill it up. Earl collects birds, the girls collect snowflakes and a few other things, I collect sparkling stars and anything with GLITTER! I really can't say the tree is finished, I might be able to squeeze a few more decorations on, and I didn't use them all! Not by a long shot!
one of the things we like to collect is ornaments that represent toys, especially ones that actually move. This little Santa was given to us by Earls mom the first year we were married, I guess that makes him "vintage"! He has lost his feet but I still think he is adorable.
This little cow is this years "toy that moves" to add to the collection. When you pull her tail her legs move. SO cute.
This is the first in a set of family photo ornaments that Earl and I have made over the years. This is a baby picture of Earl's grandfather. I just love it.
and this is one of the vintage ornaments that belonged to Grandpa. I love this silver bird, I don't know if it is one of the things that sparked Earl's interest in collecting birds for the Christmas tree but it is certainly beautiful. I will share some more of Grandpa's ornaments and more from our tree later today. Right now I have to finish getting ready for work!

14 comments:

  1. Oh your tree is gorgeous Kathy! I love all the sentimental ornaments too!

    For my 100th post, I am having a giveaway and the question will be to share our favorit family traditions :)

    Love ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is beautiful, and I love seeing the ornaments and knowing the history behind them, and what sparked your interest in collecting them. So very sweet.
    I especially like the framed sepia portraits; have thought about doing that for my Victorian tree -- might be a good project for this winter!
    Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree look so pretty. I love how you make it a Family tree! That is something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of photo ornaments and the one of Grandpa is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, your tree is so lovely:)

    I love your toy ornaments, and the vintage dove of Earl's Grandpa is gorgeous!

    I left you a comment about the EVOO on your previous post.

    Hope you have a good day at work.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sliver bird. Blessings of the day. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ornaments that tell a story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, your tree is sooooo pretty! Your moving ornaments are adorable! And I love the bird..
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathleen...I love the tree. It's just gorgeous. I love all the ornaments, especially the one you made of Earl's grandfather. What a great idea! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful Kathy! I love that you each collect your own special ornaments. You seem like such close, lovely family!

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy, your tree is beautiful! All your sweet decorations are lovely, we adore the photo ornament of Earl's Grandfather, that is so sweet! Jenn and Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tree is beautiful! I love the family photo ornaments - that's such a lovely idea. The cow is so cute!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I just love your pretty tree. All the special things.....very pretty!!
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tree is absolutely beautiful! Merry Christmas!!!


    xo,
    Kim
    deardaisycottage.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)