Friday, December 14, 2007

The Pheasant is no more.....

No, it's not what you think! We have not served poor pheasant in an elegant dish under glass! The little dickens escaped:>) I went out last night to take care of the chickens and the pheasant had picked his shackles apart (I had his leg tethered with twine to an inside part of the coop so he could move around, get to his food and water and not fly out when I opened the door....that didn't work so well!) and flew over my head into the neighbors evergreen tree. Very pretty, like the Christmas trees you see decorated with, er, pheasant feathers, but with the bird attached. So at least I dont have to fret about that anymore. I hope Uncle wont be cranky but it was an accident:>) I also wanted to ask if anyone has seen this magazine....
What a great idea! I found this at JoAnne Fabrics last night and it's great! A lifestyle magazine with a Christian perspective. Decorating,
crafts,
As well as baking, a two month bible reading calender, articles by Dobson, Gary Smalley and Joyce Meyer and just all kinds of beautiful eye candy and wonderful articles. You can find out more about it here. I have missed Karlas what do you love about your holiday home party. I did get to visit quite a few homes but no time to post. I will have a bit more time this weekend and hopefully next week to show a little bit more of my home and, of course my advent posting. Have a wonderful weekend and a big thank you to everyone who has been taking the time in this busy season to continue to share their life and home through their blogs:>)

14 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, we are soo happy the pheasant has escaped !!! Hope Uncle won't be too displeased. The magazine looks lovely, very inspiring themes. Have a lovely weekend Kathy! Jenn and Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy! I can just see that pheasant making a run (or fly) for it!

    That magazine looks beautiful. Hope your weekend is wonderful!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad he "flew the coop"...LOL! Sorry, I was secretly rooting for the little guy:)

    The Magazine looks wonderful, I will see if I can track down a copy.

    Hope you have a great day.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a magazine that I would be interested in. I must look for it the next time I go shopping.
    I too am glad the pheasant escaped the cooking pot, I also was rooting for him..lol
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah... soo happy the pheasant has escaped !!!

    Enjoyed the Season

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it's the 'great escape'! I kinda have to say I'm glad he flew the coop. I love the magazine you featured too! Beautiful photo's and looks like it would be very inspirational. Will have to go look for that @ Joanne's. Have a good weekend...Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not seen that magazine but will look for it next time I am in Joanns! Thank you!

    I am kind of glad the pheasant escaped too! Poor thing, lol!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this, but I will look for it. What a lovely cover. Thanks for the tip, KG.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, too bad about the pheasant escape! Smart bird!

    Hmmm, LOVE the idea of that magazine, I'm going to have to hunt for that one!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for the pheasant!!! I love the glass bell Happy wishes to you. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy, I missed Karlas too, but I'm doing some sharing this week.
    This magazine looks like one I would enjoy,the cover is beautiful and very inviting. I'll be looking for it. I think the pheasant is pretty clever, he made a great escape.Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. There was a new magazine like this one and it was called Lily...it only came out a couple of times then stopped. Maybe this is it come back somehow...I'm glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy,
    You have been tagged...come visit me to see what it is all about!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds and look like a lovely magazine. The pictures are very pretty. Sorry about your pheasant.
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)