Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thank you Jenn & Jacqui :>)

Whew! It has been a whirlwind couple of days and I am sadly behind in acknowleging the lovely Nice Matters award that Jenn and Jacqui gave me a few days ago. Thank you! I have enjoyed J&J since the very first time I found them, or they found me, I really can't remember how it happened, but they are two of the kindest and most fun people I have met blogging! Don't you just love them and their visits? I do! I cannot wait to see what marvelous things they do with the new apartment they are moving into. I know it will be beautiful:>) Thank you Jenn & Jacqui! I would like to pass this along to Mary at Little Red House who is also just one of the nicest people around and who always makes me smile with her visits:>) I could really pass this to all of you! I haven't met a mean or surly blogger yet and I always look forward to hearing from you. It is like having a network of pen pals but I don't have to wait for the mail. Thank you all for your visits and comments, you all make this a very fun thing to do!

As I mentioned it has been a very busy weekend and the week looks like it isn't slowing down. Sunday our church had its big Christmas celebration. We rented the local Jr. High to accommodate all the people (about 400!) and then hosted a dessert buffet after the program. It was just beautiful! We have some very musically talented people at our church and the whole thing was so wonderful I just smiled through the entire thing! I helped set up the buffet and several of us decorated tables and dessert stations. This is one of the tables I decorated with an angel I made a few years ago.



This little beauty isn't mine but I just love it! Isn't it just beautiful? This lady had two little vintage church centerpieces like this. I was horribly covetous and had to repent several times!

This is one of the dessert tables. The plate of Chocolate covered cheesecake bites were made by my darling husband, They were scrumptious, as were all the desserts (although I did NOT personally try all of them! At least I didn't have to repent for that!) When the program was done we helped clean up and were there very late!
Monday after work we STARTED our Christmas shopping. I got 4 whole gifts! Woohoo! We are also in the unenviable position of needing to look for a vehicle to replace the one that was totalled in November. We had a loaner from a friend for most of the month but he is on his way to Florida to live now and needed it back. We just got the insurance check to replace it yesterday. Car shopping just before Christmas, oh yeah I need that! We will be looking for a mini van to replace the one I had. Just a few more years of needing one for family outings and trips and then something smaller and more fuel efficient.

One funny thing. A couple weeks ago Earls Uncle called and wanted to know if I wanted some pheasant feathers. He is a hunter and I said sure,I would love some feathers for crafts. He brought them last night while we were shopping. They are still attached to the pheasant. The live pheasant. It looks like we will be having pheasant for dinner soon. I will not be dispatching the poor thing myself. Either darling husband will find time to "harvest" it or I will have the loveliest pet pheasant.....and how is your week going?

22 comments:

  1. Dear Kathy,
    First of all, thank you so much for the award -- it's so sweet of you to think of me! I'm so honored, and will have no trouble passing it on. As you say, this is a wonderful community of friends.

    Your angel under the cloche is beautiful! Sound like you had a wonderful time at the church celebration, and I'll bet there is a lot of repenting going on in blogland this morning, because that church centerpiece is lovely!

    Have a wonderful day, and good luck with the shopping.
    xoxo,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Kathy! I would FREAK if someone left me a life pheasant, lololol!! This time of year is just CRAZY isnt it??

    The cheesecake bites look AWESOME!!!!! As do the table decorations! What a lovely time it must have been!

    Congrats on the award!! You deserve it so much! :)

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy,
    Congrats on the award. I love visiting you - as well as Jenn and Jacqui at the Bowersnest.

    Your church event sounded wonderful. I love your angel under the cloche.

    Oh My! A live pheasant - lol! How fun. I have never had pheasant. I probably would make him a pet :-)
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas Celebration you had at your church sounded fun. Love the angel under the dome. The vintage centrepieces belonging to one of the ladies is so pretty.
    Congratulations on your award.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm..a live pheasant? You really want to eat it?? I'm thinking a nice pet but how do you snuggle with all those feathers?? lol
    Your Christmas church event sounds wonderful and I feel like repenting just looking at all that dessert!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have sampled everyone of those desserts! Your church celebrations sounds just lovely.

    Congratulations on your award - you do derserve it!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the award. i always love coming here. the cloche is lovley and the dessert table yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy, congratulations on your award you are most deserving. Your church celebration sounds so lovely, all the desserts look so yummy...and the angel you made is darling. You craft the sweetest things.
    I'm going to try and have a more peaceful week too, take care. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy -

    You deserve that award - you are a nice blog friend! Congratulations.

    The buffet dessert looks like it was wonderful. I loved your decoration with the angel.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and visiting. Check in again soon - we're going INSIDE the cottage home.

    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid I would have to repent also. Love the Church center piece and how could one possibly resist all those treats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pheasant story is too funny... Being from suburbia and having never gone bird hunting (I don't think the sparrow I accidentally shot with a bee-bee gun counts), I wouldn't have a clue! You seem to be a bit more savvy!

    Thanks for sharing your Christmas program with us. I wish I could have heard the music! I am singing and speaking for a women's ministry this Friday. I have a wonderful jazz pianist and another singer joining me. It should be great fun!

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!

    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pheasant story, not sure what I would do if someone gave me a live pheasant! I love the centerpiece with the vintage church, just beautiful. And, the dessert table.....well, I'd start there first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHAT? A live pheasant? Oh my. Oh dear.

    I was just catching up on your posts, your tree looks gorgeous, and your church table so pretty! Oh the season is upon us. I too have only a few of our gifts purchased, so Friday is my big outing. Too bad about the need to buy a van, bummer of a season for car buying! Merry Christmas kids! Behold your new transportation!

    merry christmas,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. A live pheasant! LOL- This made our day! Keep us updated on the pet vs meal! Lovely decorations!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks so pretty! I love decorating for christmas!I posted mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still alive?? Yikes! But the decorations look amazing! Blessings...Polly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kathy!
    Thank you so much for entering my giveaway and telling me your WONDERFUL family traditions! Your family is so beautiful. I had so much fun reading your post!

    Love ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL a live pheasant!!!

    Your angel centerpiece is beautiful and the get together sounds like such fun... yummy deserts...Oh, my!

    Good luck on your shopping trips. I finished mine yesterday, now I just have to complete some sewing projects and wrap them up.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the much deserved Award:)

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Kathy, a live pheasant!! Oh my, what to do, please post an update and let us know!! The angel under the cloche is just beautiful. Thank you Kathy, we are blessed to have met you :) Jenn and Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yikes! Ewwwww!!! OMGOODNESS! I cannot fathom having to kill a pheasant. No doubt, Earl's uncle got quite the chuckle over that one! Sounds like a practical joker..??

    The decorations are lovely! I would be coveting them, too. No, really more like, "I have to have one just like it and go out and find it!"

    Have a lovely day,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well this is one celebration that I'm sorry I missed. Your table is beautiful and the food looks pretty dang good.

    Congrats on this award because you know what? Nice does matter. Always and forever.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)