Monday, September 8, 2008

Windows

Today Cielo is having an enchanted window party. I thought it was a good chance to show you the latest update of my bedroom windows. These are my favorite windows in the house. They face south so I get plenty of bright sunshine, and my computer is to the right of these so I can look out and see the deer in the backyard and the garden full of lavender and roses right outside. The lavender and roses are a bit bedraggled this time of year I am afraid, but my back yard is very private so I enjoy the view even when I am not looking at the garden. This picture was taken very early this morning and is a bit dark, it is hard to photograph windows isn't it?
These lace sheers were a steal on clearance from Domestications. $23.92 got me enough of these sheers to filter the light and give a little privacy to 4 windows.. I might go for another set to make them fuller, we'll see.
You can tell I love lace. This window is in the dining room and faces north. It is one of the few old windows left in the house and will need to eventually be replaced. I find it ironic that it works better than the newer windows we added to the house only (?) 20 years ago. I say only because these older windows are probably from the 40's when this part of the house was built. These look out on the front porch and you can kind of see the window boxes hanging on the porch rail
to the left. I also have a big basket of impatiens right in front of the window because this is a very shady corner. I love the little stained glass hanger in this window and the way these look in the north light. Now stop on over to Cielo's house in the roses and have a look at some other pretty windows and views:>)

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty windows, Kathy!! I love the lace!!! And, what you did with your fabric is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those windows are so romantic. I think I could sit by either one of them and just day dream!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful and serene spots!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous post Kathy! If I were to ever have curtains, they would be lace! I love it too :)

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stained glass with the lace is perfection. The pair filter the light beautifully...

    Please stop by my blog give-away: Matthew Mead is giving away ten signed, hard covered, collector's editions of his new Halloween mag. Check it out!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I do love lace curtains for privacy and elegant, ethereal look, chickee! Yours are especially lovely!
    Smoochies,
    Connie

    It's taking me 2 days to "cover" all the windows!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your windows are beautiful! I especially love the stained glass. It is so pretty with light coming through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your windows are very pretty, Kathy! Love the lace!

    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What romantic, lovely windows, Kathy girl...I am so loving your new curtains, too.
    Didn't get by here yesterday...I ended up spending the afternoon at school...GRANDPARENTS DAY...and, of ALL things, FORGOT MY CAMERA!
    Shame on me...
    love, bj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your windows are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love lace too! More, more, more!
    Your windows are just beautiful Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry I'm late to the party. I love the stained glass and how the colors glow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed seeing your enchanting windows! So beautiful!

    My windows are still posted too!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your windows are so romantic. Beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I just love that stained glass hanging in the window. I am dying to get one of those for the picture window in out living room!

    One of my friends asked if I moved him to safety. I didn't realize they were harmless and didn't bite. We didn't want to take a chance so we just left him where he was! He was pretty neat though!

    Thanks so much for visiting and I hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)