I'm going to be a total tease about this and not give you the full picture of things until they are farther along. I don't know about you, but when I have a new sewing project like this I am so afraid to make that first cut into new fabric. I think the whole thing to death. So this time, I just did it, I cut and sewed the first set of curtains, and so far, I kind of like them.
But then, I am hedging my bets by telling myself that even if I don't love them when they are done, I can redo them into something else, like just valences over sheers. I'm going to feel free to play with this make-over. So far, amount spent is a whopping $5.00 for the bolt of fabric. I tore the lining out of the old drapes (a mistreatment worthy of the Nester) and sewed them into these. No extra cost there! I'm going to keep a tally on my sidebar of the money spent on this project. I hope to make a great bedroom out of thin air and not much more. Stay with me on this, I think the challenge is one I'm up to:>)