Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas to All.....

Well it's here. I didn't get as many projects done as planned, I'll be honest, I didn't get any of them done. No handmade gifts this year, but next year for sure:>) My kids are around, we have plans to walk downtown tomorrow night with fancy coffee to keep us warm, and take in the breathtaking light display. Maybe it will snow, wouldn't that be magic? We've made spicy, sweet nut mixes and chocolate brownies to give to friends (ok, credit where credit is due, Earl made them!) The gifts are all wrapped even if the cards aren't all sent.
I have a few minor things to do in the next few days, but mostly I plan to make the house sparkle, light candles,plan Christmas breakfast and lunch and just hang with the family. I feel blessed beyond belief.  Gifts and love have flowed this season until I am overwhelmed. I can't remember a more relaxed Christmas and I thank God for love, and friends who see us through, and family that wraps their arms around us when we need them and loved ones who rejoice when we rejoice. I remember you in my prayers, I really do, and I pray that no matter what kind of Christmas you are experiencing, you can find the love and blessings that God has sprinkled around you.  I know they can be hard to find sometimes, but they are there. God bless all of you this Christmas season. I'll see you in the New Year:>) ♥

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. I have found that no matter what life brings there is still peace and joy to be found. We CAN still find those blessings that God sprinkles around. May God bless you and yours this wonderful season and thank you for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts Kathleen. I hope you find the same and have a very blessed and Merry Christmas also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, Kathy! Isn't Christmas the best?! You are so positive, it lifts my spirits.

    May you and your family have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post Kathy...I am wishing you and your family Peace on Earth, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    xoxooxo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've hit on the important things - the love of family and God. Have a wonderfully merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you Kathy! Your trip to see the lights with fancy coffee sounds right up my alley! We will be doing something similar on Christmas Eve. Have a beautiful and joyous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has been one of my more relaxed Christmases, too, Kathy. Things just seemed to flow good from the choosing of the gifts to the gift bags instead of tons of paper and ribbons to the simple menu for our Christmas Eve dinner. It's all those blessings you speak of. :))
    I love you dearly, sweet blogging friend. Have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy thank you for this wonderful post! You have said it perfectly. It's not about doing all those things but being in the moment and loving our family and friends! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What it's all about! Family and time to relax and rejuvenate You have a wonderful Christmas with your cute little family. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas Kathy!! God bless you and your family as you celebrate His birth! Looking forward to 2011 and hope that we can finally meet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy,

    What a beautiful post! We are so blessed aren't we? Have a wonderful Christmas!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kathy, I have been trying to get things done to no avail also! Just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a blessed Christmas!
    xoxo
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Kathy! May you have a very blessed time together. I didn't get any handmade items done this year either. Sounds like you all will be eating some very tasty things. Enjoy!
    XO!!!
    PS Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas Dear Friend!!
    What a blessing you have been in my life! I am looking so forward to what the new year holds in store.
    Sincerely - Trish

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Kathy ~ I am sending you Christmas Blessings!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas Kathy, What a magnificent photograph! Your Christmas sounds allot like mine. I didn't go crazy this Christmas, but I just enjoyed every morsel of joy I could find. My girls are both in love and they will join us for Christmas.

    Wishing you a beautiful Christmas.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Kathy, I hope you enjoy every moment of this sweet Christmas season with your family and friends! Thank you for the gift of your friendhip! Have a wonderful New Year filled with promise, peace, and joy!

    Hugs & Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kathy dear, it sounds like you are enjoying this Christmas - and you so deserve a break.

    Happy New Year!!

    xo
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping in today.:)

    Can't wait to hear about your holiday time with your girls.:))
    hugs, bj

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)