Monday, June 4, 2007

Darling Husband and I did a little garage saleing this weekend and ended up with some sweet goodies. This Pretty cake plate and set of 6 matching dessert plates was found for $2! I have been finding the prettiest cut glass cake plates for a steal at thrift stores and garage sales and this is just like a clear one Earl found a couple weeks ago except it is a lovely iridescent gold color and it has these matching plates with it! I now have three of these cake plates and since we have open houses and parties all summer to take desserts to I am sure they will get a work out and be well worth the few dollars I spent for them. I also found some fun decorating magazines for .10 cents each and a Victoria Christmas book for a quarter. I used to subscribe and all their recipes were wonderful! The Christmas book is full of beautiful decorating ideas and great sounding recipes. Since Victoria is coming back, I have already subscribed to it again so I hope their standards for photography and recipes will be as excellent as they were in the original publication. The red star basket you see in the background was another garage sale find for a quarter. I have it filled with flowers. Don't you just love a deal?

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh - might your Victoria Magazine have an article about the Wickwood Inn in Saugatuck? If it does, it has pictures showing my husband's pottery in the background!!! That would be pretty amazing - your friend from Michigan - Diane Carlson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)