Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Strawberries in the garden

Just look at the beautiful berries that are in my garden right now. I finally had time to mow the lawn today and when I was done I decided to weed one of the flower borders. These wild strawberries have taken over any open spot in my garden and they are just about to ripen. I always smile and consider them a little surprise from God. They are very sweet and about the size of a dime. They grow so well I just cannot bring myself to weed them out, at least until the berries are ripe. I race the bunnies and chipmunks for them and sometimes I win!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and love the pictures of your plants and garden. I noticed you have the same stained glass that I have! I love it! Mine is in my kitchen.
    I'll be visiting your blog often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...the strawberries are making my mouth water!
    Looks to be a good year for berries...my plants are loaded!
    I can taste the strawberry jam already!

    Thanks for shareing,
    Dolly~ From my CHERRY heart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)