Friday, August 10, 2007

Garage Sale Goodies, and Ramblings


I want to thank everyone for the support and comments that I got with my "Rant" post. It was so good to hear from so many of you and the affirmation and kindness never cease to amaze me. Thank you! I stopped at just one garage sale yesterday and got all this great stuff , and more! Dont you just love when you hit the Motherlode!? By the way, I am coming up on my 100th post and I am planning a give-away to celebrate. It will be a chance for all you lurkers out there to step out and introduce yourself. I know you are out there, I was a lurker once too! So keep your eyes open in the next week andsee what I come up with:>) Hope everyone has a great weekend. Earl & I are off to visit a a local Folk festival with music and art, and then hit some antique stores!

12 comments:

  1. I love the teacups with black!!!! That is something you don't see everyday. So elegant, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hit the jackpot! What wonderful treasures you found. I wish we lived closer to each other so we could have tea in those teacups. What fun that would be! ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy!!!! You lucky girl!!! I hope I get that lucky next weekend when I go antiquing :)

    Yourday sounds like so much fun!!! Enjoy :)

    Love ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I would call that a motherload! Oh my gosh~those teacups with black~gorgeous! I love the rose crochet doily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Went thrifting today but didn't find anything 'that grabbed me' like you did...great finds, Kathleen Grace (love your name so hope you don't mind if I use both.
    Anyway that's why we go thrifting, we just never know what awaits us!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahooo what a bunch of pretties. I especially love the doilies! I am a sucker for pretty doilies.
    Enjoy your day out together.

    Shann xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathleen, Check it out! Posted a new pic of my cut hair and did as you said, neck up!! Although I have posted some others of me on my site! I am also the mom in the shadows! I'm always taking the pictures and cringe when the camara is on me! You look great on your picture so see we are hard on ourselves. Well I guess better us on ourselves then some one else on us!LOL Love the doilies!! Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy - Looks like you had a great day! I went antiquing with a friend and found tons of chipped limoge china to use in my mosaics! And a wall sconce to fix up.... Have fun today and this weekend!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your 100th post and your garage sale success. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy! Please visit my blog, I have left you something :)

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What pretties! Love the doily & teacups!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love decorative doilies and guest towels. The teacups are nice too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)