Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This 'n That

Good Morning! This blog is not really about all my shopping finds, really it isn't, but I got something recently that just made my day. Digging around some of the yard sales and antique stores this weekend I scored a bunch of old Victoria mags. Divine! I subscribed for years, I had most of them from the late 80's to the late 90's and dug them out every winter when things were slower and re-read them. I just loved that magazine! Unfortunately they were stored in the basement and I lost most of them when our basement flooded! So I checked ebay, well they go for a small fortune! I got these for $1 each. They are probably the only magazine I would pay that for second hand. Anyway, I am a simple woman with simple pleasures and, as you can see, a bunch of old magazines is all it takes to make me happy (well, ok, and maybe some chocolate!)
By the way, I already have my subscription in for the new Victoria magazine, I sure hope they can live up to the old one!

I also got a little something in the mail yesterday from Phyllis at Shabby In the City. I won her give-away and got some gorgeous lace!

Thank you Phyllis! I know just what I am going to do with it! I have been wanting some great lace for a project I have in mind, can't wait to get it done now and show you! By the way, Phyllis has opened a new online shop with some beautiful items. You can check them out here.

7 comments:

  1. The magazines are a wonderful find Kathy!! I would have bought them too for sure!

    The lace is gorgeous!!!!!! Oh I just LOVE lace! Just holding it and looking at it makes me happy :)

    Thank you so much for what you said about the runner on my blog! THat is such a compliment, she is gorgeous :)

    Love ya,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful buy on those Victoria Magazines! I too have saved the older issues and have a subscription already for the new one. I am so glad it is coming back!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohh, what a treasure -- enjoy!
    Mary
    mrcarroll@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's like you hit the jackpot! Victoria for $1 each and free lace...you are so lucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had kept my old stack of magazines now. They sat around my house for years.

    About the grout, the paint seems to be holding up quite well. It hasn't worn away at all. I think the real test will be how it does in a kitchen. Have you tried Mr. Clean's magic eraser on your grout? I also used to use Chlorox gel and let it sit in the grout for an hour, but I'm not fond of bleach either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen, Give me my big pile of old Victoria's on a rainy day, a cup of good coffee and some cookies and the hours just slip by!!!!! I so hope the new will also be as good as the old! See you soon, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for Victoria to be out!! And I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with a case of the WANTS. Thanks for visiting me. Now that I'm here, I'm going to eat my gormet lunch (mac & cheese) while I browse your pretty pictures! Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to say hello :)